Friday, February 13, 2009

whatta week

Friday the 13th.
Week from you know where.
Two checks in the amount of $25 to cover the copays.
A weekend with nothing planned, priceless.

When I last blogged, everyone was just puny and I tried to make it all about me but I recovered the same day that I felt sick. Thank goodness. For one, I am running out of days to take off and two, someone has to cook, clean, do the laundry and make sure the kids take showers.

Monday - all is well and gymnastics was fine.


Tuesday - Clayson wakes up with headache and stomachache and stays home from school with Jared. (Thank goodness Jared's on one day, off two days work schedule has worked out most of this week).


Wednesday: I am sick and when mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy - except three kids that get to stay home from school because mama can't get them there.


Wednesday night: Trey is laying on the couch with a fever. Dum-dadum-dum-duuuuum.


Throughout the night Wednesday/ Thursday morning: Trey has a croupy cough, sore throat, fever and he is wandering around between upstairs, downstairs, the couch and my room. Little to no sleep for either of us.


Thursday: I know that Trey needs to go to the doctor so I call on my way to work and leave Jared's number for them to call and schedule the appointment with him. He gets Trey in and he has a confirmed case of the flu. (We have to use the word confirmed for numbers at school.) On the way to Wal-Mart (after school), Ashlyn tells me that her ears hurt when she swallows, burps and yawns. I go ahead and call the doctor and make her an appointment for Friday.


Friday: Trey stays home, the rest of us head to school with cake balls for the teachers and nurses and Valentine cards for the friends. We have Valentine parties - have I mentioned that I despise class parties - I have bus duty and then rush off to the doctor to meet Mamaw and Ashlyn. Her ears were hurting and so I figured that I could be a big girl and handle the appointment. Nobody has ever told me about swabbing the throat. It was so sad and comes in a close second to the needles. I hope I never have to hold her in place for that ever again. I guess I should have tuned in when the nurse said to be sure and hold her still because if she moves, she'll have to do it again and there would be no way Ashlyn would let her get back in her mouth. Great. Thanks. She did it so quickly but Ashlyn cried and it was sad. Those test results came back positive for strep throat and she does have an ear infection. Thank goodness it's Friday and after we get the prescription we are headed home. And, shout out to the crock pot for cooking dinner. *Ashlyn swears the nurse stuck a popsicle stick down her throat. And, she wanted to know if she would be on an IV.




So, here it is Friday evening and we are all resting and look forward to remaining on the couches, watching TV and sipping on chicken noodle soup.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, sounds like fun. I'll just say call if you need anything that I can fetch and deliver but that doesn't actually require me to come IN your **cough** germy **cough** home. :)

Unknown said...

That's sad. I can't believe Ashlyn has strep!

Unknown said...

That is terrible! Even Chris commented that Ashlyn didn't look like she felt good at the party yesterday! I hope she gets better soon! I am ready for the sickness to be OVER!