Wednesday, February 11, 2009

one more day

I stayed home today because of a pounding headache and other things just not feeling quite right. I was certain I could not teach prime factorization or layers of the soil in this state of illness so I called in for a sub. Not only could I not teach, but I could not open my eyes without them burning or walk standing up straight which meant that I could not get the kids up, ready and to school. Since Jared was already at the fire station, my only choice was to go back to bed and to leave them sleeping as well. I truly wished it could have worked out where they could have gone especially when I had to yell at them from downstairs (which increases the pounding of the headache) and at other times that they needed something to eat (and I had to stand up straight to walk). Poor, pitiful me. Laying around all day and two jet bubble baths later, I still don't feel quite right and now Trey is running fever. It's a vicious cycle my friends.

I would try to think of something uplifting to include in this blog but nothing comes to mind. It's been a downer week after reading many blogs with many families suffering and hearing a friend share stories from a college friend who lost her little girl to cancer. I will have to say that people going through such things that have the utmost faith in God and the strength to go on are my heroes. Here I complain about common illnesses with cures while there are those out there only hoping for another day with their precious children. It weighs heavy on my heart, as my friend Allison blogged. We need to cherish each day and love our children because we are not promised tomorrow.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Very nicely written.

Hope that y'all don't have the flu...I hear about so many people getting it.

Stephanie said...

Thanks. You're blog was touching and all this makes me so very sad.