Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Time For Independence

We had a great 4th of July weekend! I have several "short stories" and pictures to share our fun with you.


Let Freedom Ring

For some reason, Ashlyn looks so forward to the 4th of July. She had been counting down the days the whole week. She says it is because she likes wearing red, white and blue. Clayson and Trey love it for obvious reasons. What is it with boys and fireworks?! At the garage sale the week before, Ashlyn and Trey made $5 each selling lemonade and pickles so they had money to spend at the firework stand. Clayson, on the other hand, just so happened to lose a tooth the night before for his $5. (Is it just me or has the tooth fairy gotten richer?!) They were all happy to spend their hard-earned / luck of the pull money but, as usual, they wanted more. Not happening. We went to lunch at the Golden Corral (we chose this over Furrs, which is very unusual) with Cindy and Corbin. Corbin is always good for entertainment. :0) He happens to be very scared of raw shrimp and being the spiteful Davis', we aggravated him just for the reaction.





That night, we went over to my mom and dad's for good food and fireworks. My dad's woody burgers are the best :0) The kids were right in the middle of lighting fireworks. Jared was at work so thank goodness my dad was on duty. It scares me. Ashlyn has no fear. We enjoyed the company and the show.



Puppy Love



Saturday, Ashlyn and I shopped with my mom for furniture. I don't know why it is that I get so overwhelmed with what we need and want that I can never find anything when I start to look. Saturday night, we went up to the fire station for the Seagoville fireworks show. The kids convinced Jared to let them take the puppy. I was not all for this but how bad can it be, right? One dog and three kids = BAD. They fought over the dog the entire night!! They wanted to walk him, hold him, pet him ... I felt the need to apologize for their behavior to all my friends that were around. Had we not been in public, I could have dealt with this accordingly. Instead, I have to grit my teeth, smile and yell at them through a gritty smile. I told them that when we got home their punish might just be sitting on the couch, holding the dog for one hour each. Had it not been so late, I might have followed through. The end result is that the dog does not EVER go with us again!!


Let's Get Ready to Rumble

My mother-in-law has become friends with some wrestlers in Rockwall from the Christian Wrestlers Foundation. She takes my kids to their monthly shows and "backstage" to interact with them. On Sunday, Rob (wrestler) and his wife, Anissa, came with another Swedish wrestler, Graham, to swim and eat. I had leverage over my kids all weekend (if you're not good -you don't get to go to Nana's on Sunday), too bad I didn't think of this with all the puppy pandemonium but I did use it in other instances. It always helps to have something to hold over my angels' heads. Lucky for them, they were all good enough to go. Ashlyn put on a shy face but Clayson and Trey joined Rob as soon as they shed their shirts and shoes. They had a million questions. It turns out that Rob and Anissa know a lot of people from Crandall. It's a small world. We ate and then Jared and I headed home to do some work on the house. They said that Ashlyn eventually warmed up and performed Hannah Montana on her stage for them. I don't know where she gets her personality from, Jared and I are not big "entertainers". I hope she never loses this sense of entertainment. Maybe she will make us rich one day :)







Sunday night, we had a girl's night at Cindy's. It was me, Rhonda, Cindy, Andrea and Sharon. It has been so long since we've spent any time together and we laughed for hours. Friends are good for the soul.

So, there's my weekend wrap-up. See ya soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been looking for this post, and I am not disappointed! You were one busy girl! I love the picture of the kids, but the one of your kids and your dad is priceless. I am thinking it is frameworthy.

Stephanie said...

i cherish that picture, i am glad someone else likes it as much as me :)