Thursday, July 31, 2008

E to the Third

EMOTIONS, ENLIGHTENMENT and EXCITEMENT

EMOTIONS:
Emotions run high when it is time to school shop for your baby. A couple of weeks ago I took Ashlyn school shopping for uniforms and it was so tear jerking to see her in the little khaki shorts. And, I do mean little. She, of course, is excited. Me, I am excited for her because she has been looking forward to Kindergarten for so long but it is hard to see your baby growing up and knowing that soon you will be putting her out into the real world, only hoping that her teachers will love her and comfort her as if she were their own. Today, we bought the school supplies. Thank goodness, the only "choice" she got to make was for a spiral or Hannah Montana would have overtaken my buggy! Everything else was pretty specific on the list. (Still looking for Prang paints.) We also bought school shoes and now just need a few more supplies, cute socks and bows. The next few weeks as we make preparations for this drastic change in our lives will be coveted in prayer and a variety of emotions.
ENLIGHTENMENT:
Not only is school starting but we are nearing the completion of our house. I am overwhelmed to the max, stay stressed out wondering if we can get everything done in the next two weeks and am losing sleep and losing weight (the latter is a plus). Yesterday, we stained the floors and when Jared and I went to look at it, he noticed a Jesus fish in our room. There was a string that had been stained to look just like the symbol for Christianity. I have to tell you that I took this simple sign as a reminder from God that He is in control and that things will happen in His time. I have been less stressed today, slept good last night and ate a good ol' Whataburger for lunch. It makes me smile just to think about this - Jesus knows us inside out and knew I needed encouragement and enlightenment - He gave it to me through the fish.
EXCITEMENT:
I have been a little concerned for closing on a house and starting back to work all within 12 days of each other (not even that when I consider meet the teacher night). Today, I signed up for homeowner's insurance and it will take effect at midnight tonight. This means that I am going to start moving in the boys rooms and the kids gameroom because those are three things that are totally complete. I may even vacuum out kitchen cabinets and start unloading boxes in there. I am so excited. I think this will be so much fun. Yahoo!!

1 comment:

babyboybleu said...

I can imagine how sad you were shopping for Ashlyn's school items! When Cami went to kinder I had to buy her French Toast shorts in a size two toddler! She was so cute in her little uniform! And I know Ashlyn will be a little doll too;-)