Sunday, July 13, 2008

one big headache

About a month away from moving in and I am supposed to be excited. I want to be excited. I can't get excited. There are about four things that need to be done before we are finished building. But, they are four BIG things: countertops, painting doors and trim, staining the floor & installing carpet and tile, setting the trim. (There are more than these things but not blogworthy because they are simple tasks to do here and there.) I cannot sleep at night because my mind is racing with knowing that I have no control over the completion of these tasks, a month from now puts me very close to going back to work and Jared cannot think of more than one task at a time. This is one downside to building your own house. These four things will be done by Jared. I'd like to hire help but oh, no.

I decided that since I am not much help (besides sweeping and cleaning up) that I would go ahead and start bringing boxes down from the loft. I look forward to going through these and seeing things that we have not seen in over two years. I am excited about this. Maybe it will give me something to do and think about.

I have been fighting a headache for three days due to lack of sleep, my back hurts, my patience is limited. I just want it to be done!! Godspeed...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know just the cure - an outing with the circus!! Just let me know when...