Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"Stressings"

Stressings is a mix between stress and blessings. Because, more often that not, our blessings cause stress. Can I get an "amen"?


Our kids, our job, our home ... though thankful to have, hard to remain stress-free with all of the pressure, needs, wants, time and energy that each require. We feel guilty for complaining in "today's society" so I am trying hard to be positive and more importantly, thankful.


I have been taking pictures like crazy and I love it like crazy. In just 4 days I had cheerleading team photos, a toddler, a wedding, three family shoots and a sister shoot. And, this next weekend looks to be pretty close to a repeat. I am so blessed to have found something that I love doing and that this past weekend truly brought me face to face with one of God's greatest creations - the fall season. Since all of my shoots are outdoors, I was surrounded by yellow leaves on the ground while others were blowing in the wind and yet some trees maintained their green beauty. I was surrounded by His perfection all weekend long. I am so incredibly thankful for every opportunity that I get to do what I enjoy doing; meeting new people and making people happy with memories to frame. It's on my massive to-do list to upload pictures from these shoots onto my photo blog and my goal is to have it done by Friday. So, check there soon.


It's still football season and last weekend, because I had committed to a wedding, I missed both football games. Clayson scored a touchdown in his and I was sad to have missed it. Maybe he'll do it again this weekend. Their last game is November 6th and I have to say I will be glad to see it ending. I love the games but the practice takes hold of three nights a week. We need some spare time (to fill with something else).


Clayson had the opportunity to go to a business conference to hear Terry Bradshaw, Colin Powell and George W. Bush speak on Monday. He enjoyed the experience. (I would have given to have been in the same room with George W. He is next on my list of people I'd like to meet.) Clayson is learning the meaning of taking school seriously and I am learning that the cell phone is a valuable tool in getting/ forcing him to learn that.



Trey's desk got cleaned out by his teacher and she found a bunch of notes between him and girls and a lot of "MASH" being played. (I don't know where he gets either of these habits - ha!) And, she said that he is more interested in the girls than what she is teaching. (A little like his dad in that area. Apparently, he is a good mix.) Not too long ago she referred to him as a "ladies man" and came to get me one day because he was sobbing over being broken up with. I am not quite ready for these emotions.


Ashlyn is having a great year. In my classroom, I have a closet. In the closet you will see a mini- classroom set up with baby dolls, worksheets and crayons awaiting Miss Davis each afternoon. The kids kind of freak out when they see the "Chucky" baby doll staring at them as they sharpen their pencil. Maybe I could use that baby doll as punishment - "go to the closet with Chucky until you can behave". I'm kidding... sort of. She is also having to sneak around to pick her nose because they have to wash their hands every time they do and she is tired of washing them all the time.


Monday night was fall festival at school and tonight was the fall festival at church. I am sad to say that the only pictures I got from either of these come from my cell phone.






This wonderful lady has been my teaching partners for 8 years. Love her!

This Pirate in pink is my assistant principal. She is so much fun. Love her, too.



Ashlyn and I are ready to go to the fall fest at church and play the cake walk until we win.

It's been a week full of many things to do and instead of the list getting shorter, it is getting longer. For this I am stressed and through this stress I am blessed.

No comments: