Saturday, October 10, 2009

happy Fall y'all

Awwww, a breath of fresh (cold) air. I love it. It puts a little pep in my step.

(Due to my blogs becoming weekly, please overlook the randomness and the lengthiness.)

The football game on Friday night required gloves, blankets, hot chocolate and not to mention - a Crandall Pirate hoody, oh yeah. I think what I love the most about hoodies is the big pocket on the front where I can stick both of my hands and my phone comfortably. It's very similar to a fanny pack.

If my life were a DVR event it would only be recorded on the weekends because most weekdays are a repeat - school, football, laundry, cleaning, packing a lunch, ironing, quick trip to Wal-Mart, meetings, grading and three kids that are fighting, showering and talking back. Nobody would want to see that show everyday. I am ready for things to change and a new season premiere to take place - football season over, kids getting along and kids not talking back. I have a feeling that would have to include many commercials because the show would not last very long.

I took pictures of a sweet baby girl on Wednesday and those pictures will be posted on my photo blog soon. I have photo shoots on the schedule for the next three weeks. This side business has been such a blessing.


Friday, the kids and I stayed home from school. I had a headache, Ashlyn a sore throat, Trey's legs hurt and Clayson was coughing. Together, as a family, we may have had the swine family flu. We each had a symptom. Speaking of swine flu - is it running rampant or what?! If the Texas Education Agency had not changed their stance on closing schools, I am pretty sure there would not be one school in Texas open the whole month of October. I have had students with confirmed cases for the past two weeks. I am knocking on wood and typing this - I have never had the flu. Trey and Jared are the only ones that tend to get sick around here. Ashlyn, Clayson and I are too mean to catch anything. Let's hope that stays true this season. Well, maybe not the mean part.

Saturday was a busy day for us with a couple of new outings on the agenda.

Ashlyn went to cheer clinic and learned some new cheers and a dance. How come she stands there looking clueless (and cute) when there is an audience but when she gets in the car she is loud and proud? Oh wait, she must be like her mom and dad. (But mama is coming out of her shell.)




I finally made it to the new Super Target in Mesquite and was immediately overwhelmed with its massiveness. Wow. It didn't even feel like I was in Mesquite - it was clean and I felt safe. I didn't end up buying anything but groceries - boring!

And then there was football.





That's our week in a nutshell. I will have a special birthday blog tomorrow - the two people that I admire the most are having birthdays and I can't wait to share the fun - straight from Martins Mill - tomorrow night. Stay tuned and stay warm.



Hearts,
Stephanie

No comments: