Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Crazy.Busy.Fun.

That’s just three ways to describe this past weekend - which also lead to exhaustion.

It all started on Thursday, the day I turned 34.

On Thursday, Ashlyn had her once-a-year cheer performance. The at home preparations might have sounded like – if you get out there and act like you have never heard that cheer before in your life I am not going to spend the money on cheer clinic next year. And – you better not act shy because I know you can shake your groove thang. Okay, maybe not the second one. Thankfully, she did not let me or my $15 down. She cheered her heart out and tried her best to remember all the dance moves to Party in the U.S.A.

(insert cheer pictures here)

Friday night lights provided for some down home football competition as we faced our biggest rival, Kaufman. The game was not pretty – an abundance of penalties called against the Pirates resulted in a seven point loss to the Lions. I’m sure the players and the coaches took that loss hard but what I found the hardest was hearing Kaufman ISD dedicate the song “Happy Trails” to my first (and favorite) boss, Coach Rouse, as he will soon be leaving the area to become Superintendent for another school district. I was standing there next to him when the song started playing and it made me sad. We love him and he will be missed. His new school district is extremely lucky to gain such an honorable Christian man to serve at their highest ranking.

(insert fans in the stands picture here)

Saturday the house was cleaned, pictures of a gorgeous teen and her sweet little sister were taken and football took over the evening before it was time to get our party on in Terrell. Several of us were celebrating birthdays and brought our friends together for some fun and some dancing. We had a blast! There’s just something about going out on a cold Saturday night with your boots on. The birthday week ended in style.

(insert birthday party pictures here)

Sunday we enjoyed lunch with mom, dad, Jason and Megan, Megan’s sister, brother-in-law and their three kids at Campisis. Still no announcement from my brother and I am getting tired of waiting. He’s not getting any younger… just sayin'.

Last night was Halloween bunco and we wore some pumpkin attire. It’s the one time a year that I wear my pumpkin pajama pants, my shirt that says “You can’t scare me, I work at the school” and Halloween socks.

(insert Olan Mills posed Halloween photo here)

Since when did my blogs become a play-by-play of my weekend? I am not happy about it and will look into changing it up.

(blogger upload not working - stay tuned for pictures where they should be)

No comments: