Saturday, October 3, 2009

my "life cycle"

Once upon a time, I could start a task and finish it. Here in the present I start one task and it reminds me of something else I need to do and then that task reminds me of something else. The cycle never ends. It's a wonder that I ever get anything completely finished.

On Fridays I try to get my house all cleaned up for the weekend. Since last Friday was our fair day, I thought I would get a head start on the house cleaning Thursday. Cleaning the house made me want to start decorating for fall. I set out two orange things and then started laundry. The laundry reminded me that there were clothes in my car to throw into the washer so I decided to clean out my car. Cleaning out the car forced me to bring in dirty dishes so I put dishes in the dishwasher, which had to be unloaded first. And then, back to cleaning house and so on. Whew. (* Major accomplishments for the clean include: moving the ping-pong table from the entry way out to the back patio and removing the life jackets and wakeboard, also in the entry way, into the laundry room closet. I was not allowed to move the bobcat hanging on the wall to a closet - guess I'll have to work around that. There are empty frames on the entry table that need to be filled, which reminded me to take and print pictures of my own kids, not just everyone else's. )

At school this week I started a Christmas list and that reminded me that I needed to pay bills. Paying bills reminded me that I might ought to make some returns so that I can fulfill my need to spend money by spending money that had already been spent.


All these things reminded me that I needed to BLOG!

So, here's my week in a nutshell.

*I had school meetings on Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday afternoon, Thursday afternoon and for a half day on Friday. I was feeling "meeting-ed" out by Friday.
* Jared came down with flu-like symptoms on Thursday but did not test positive for the flu. He did get the flu vaccination which I am still debating on for the kids.
* Tuesday I had a photo shoot of a precious six month old monkey (not literally, Baby J was in costume).
* Friday we had a group of about 15 go to lunch at Wings and that was fun. Friday night I got to babysit Trey's teacher's precious little girl and Ashlyn took right over. I caught her trying to change the dirty diaper. (This babysitting event was motivation enough for us to clean her room again. It was as bad as the week before. See post below.)
* Saturday, Clayson and Trey played football in Kemp. The boys left their games highly discouraged, my heart breaks for them. Integrity is a life lesson that I need to teach them - after I can learn to get a grip on it myself. That's all I am going to say about that. The rain caused a family photo shoot to be postponed.
* Sunday, my plans are to do a little shopping (with the return money and my Kohls cash that I earned), a possible sibling and new baby photo shoot - weather/ground saturation permitting, I have many tests to grade and I'll be ready to watch the Cowboys game while laying on the couch smelling the taco soup cooking.


This blog is as random as my week has been. Now, I am reminded to go to bed because two out of three children are complaining of a sore throat and coughing which could lead to sleep interruptions...

No comments: