Monday, November 2, 2009

not this year

Last week was so very frazzling. I had so much on my plate, along with the pressure that I put on myself and add to that 58 students excited about Halloween and a son having major school issues. All of this lead to a mini-meltdown and an inability to make decisions. I don't break down easily but Friday was definitely a breaking point.

I am so thankful for my friends who made me stick to the original plan that I had set into motion earlier in the week - dinner and movies. I tried desperately to get out of those and go to the football game but they were not having it. We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. Laughter truly is the best medicine. After dinner, they drug me to see Paranormal Activity. I hid inside my shirt once it started and was part of the reason that we were getting shushed before it began. We dropped by Target on the way home to enjoy the last ten minutes that they were open and then it was back to the theater to get my debit card that had fallen out of my purse. Story of my life.

Saturday, Clayson and Trey's football games were cancelled and I was happy as a clam. I got to sleep late, had two photo shoots and enough energy to go to Wal-Mart, where I had to pretty much start from scratch with the groceries. Our cupboards were bare. It'll be just a couple of days before the typical "there's nothing to eat" starts again. Don't make me go postal...

Halloween night: Ashlyn decided that she did not want to trick-or-treat this year, she just wanted to stay home and carve a pumpkin. That was music to my ears. For some reason, the whole part of walking around and getting candy is such a beating to me. We waited for Jared and Trey to get home from hunting and by the time they got home from this excursion (with the biggest dead hog I have ever seen), Ashlyn was fast asleep on the couch. Halloween just didn't work out for us this year and if it is the beginning of the end, I am more than happy with that. (I'm also glad that we only spent $5 for a witch hat and gloves.)


Sunday, we went to church and then I loaded up in the pick-up truck with my mother-in-law, aunt-in-law and a friend. We headed east to Canton's First Monday. We had so much fun. It is a laugh a minute with these girls. I bought a couple of small gifts, a corny dog, a coke and some Christmas decorations and was completely satisfied. It was a beautiful afternoon and we had such a good time. I'll leave out some of the details :)

And now, it's a new week with a new "to do" list, on which I am marking things off of faster than last week. I am up to 12 photo shoots and counting for the month of November. I have truly been blessed. I look forward to all there is to do with the sessions, the family gatherings and some shopping. Retail therapy is good for the soul.

So, frazzled or not, life goes on and thank goodness that it does.

No comments: