Sunday, September 27, 2009

victory & defeat

You might begin to notice that my life (or at least my blog) tends to revolve around football this time of year: practice three nights a week and two games most every Saturday. If Jared is home he will go to practice with them. If I take them, it's drop off and pick up style. Sometimes I feel out of the loop but I have to keep the home fires burnin'. Here are the football hilights from this week as we played our biggest "rivals" - the other Crandall teams. It's almost as big as the Crandall Pirates vs. Forney Jackrabbits rivalry. The good thing is that they still walk away friends.

Crandall Black vs. Crandall Gold (10 & under)
featuring: *Trey* #42*defense/ kickoff return*team captain*




Trey's game was a 6-0 victory. Both teams played hard.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crandall Black vs. Crandall Gold (12 & under) featuring *Clayson * #44* offense/defense/kickoff return*


Clayson's game started over an hour late and by the time it got started it was too dark for me to take pictures without my external flash. Above are the pregame smiles and excitement. After the game the smiles had turned to frowns and the excitement had turned to frustration. They lost 8-6. The agony of defeat struck the boys hard. Maybe next time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Among other things...

* It was donuts for dad for Ashlyn and Trey this week. Here is Ashlyn and her daddy.


* I planned and purchased for ten meals! I tend to cook the same things over and over or just don't cook at all because I get so beat down with not knowing what to cook and not having all the necessary ingredients. So, I sat and made a list of complete meals and what groceries I would need to make each one complete. (Granted, I made this list when it was nice and cool, some may have to wait for it to cool off again before they are served up.) I'll share my list with you, if you will share your list with me :0)

1.) beef stroganoff, corn and lima beans

2.) chicken spaghetti, garlic breadsticks, seasoned green beans

3.) frito pie

4.) king ranch chicken, rice, ranch style beans

5.) steak fingers, mashed potatoes, baked beans

6.) chicken & dumplins, pork 'n beans

7.) beef enchiladas, burritos, spanish rice and beans

8.) taco soup and chips

9.) baked potato soup and crackers

10.) chicken and dressing, mashed potatoes, string green beans

* I also bought corny dogs and frozen pizza for those nights that I can't / won't cook. And then, there is always cereal as back-up, too.

For desserts I am thinking:

a.) cherry cheesecake

b.) oatmeal cookies

c.) snickerdoodle cookies

d.) brownies

I am just proud of myself for taking the big plunge at Wal-Mart. It is a place that I do not enjoy going anymore. Jared went there for me last Sunday for some staple items and it completely made my day. I told him that he was amazing. It's the little things in life that we should be thankful for.

Last night we celebrated a birthday party for a dear friend/ teaching partner/ life mentor. It was a blast hanging with my girls after a long day of football games and a long week of working hard.

(disclaimer: this is a mobile uploaded picture and not very good quality)

I still LOVE my job and where I am teaching. I have made so many new friends and am missing the ones that are at different campuses.

This week is going to be a busy one with curriculum night, three photo shoots, football and cooking ;) Hope you all have a great week! Count your many blessings ...

1 comment:

Misty said...

Great POST and Great PICTURES!!!!