Sunday, September 20, 2009

weekend * wows

Friday wows:
* Jared went to South Texas for the weekend to get hunting season started.
* It was the perfect football weather - cool and cloudy - until those clouds opened up just as they announced the homecoming queen. The rains came down and the gym filled up - with soaking wet fans. The hard rain slowed to a drizzle and fans were able to go back into the bleachers for the Crandall Pirate football game and they didn't let us down with the win.
* Friday night all of the kids went to my mom's because I had to be at school early the next morning and I couldn't even muster up the energy to go to Denny's with friends. After I peeled off the wet jeans and found my pajama pants, it was all over.

Saturday wows:
* The biggest wow of the week was that the sun came out!
* All three of the Crandall elementary schools held dedication ceremonies to honor the namesakes and I attended the one at my campus. It was a nice tribute to Mr. Martin, a former elementary principal of mine.
* Trey's football game was not rained out, just moved to a different location. Taking pictures was not easy but I managed to get a few of my little lineman. The sun came out in full force and made the heat index go straight to hot and sweaty on the 83 degree day.

* I cleaned house, did laundry and ironed clothes for 8 hours.
* Clayson got invited to spend the night with a friend, Trey went to his Nana's and Ashlyn ended up at my mom's for the night.
* Again - home alone - and I stayed home. Ashlyn's messy room kept me occupied on Saturday night. There is a wow effect for how bad it was and a wow effect for how clean it became.

Sunday wows:
* I made it to Sunday School. (This isn't a big wow, I try to make it often).
* Kids still all shuffled around so I went to Kohls and shopped for ME.
* I finally found a pair of tennis shoes after searching and searching and they are discontinued and could not even find the match to the display that I was willing to wear a little big.
* Came home to a clean house and enjoyed the last bit of quiet time before church and the Cowboys football game.
WOW of the weekend:
* I heard that Joe Montana is coming to Dallas Tuesday night and Wednesday, speaking at two different hotels. I am ready to put those teenage years of stalking experience to good use as I muster up a plan to be in Dallas, at the hotels, both days. (For those who don't know me, he is my hero! I fell in love with him in 9th grade and went to great lengths to cover my room in 49ers and Montana memorabilia. I even ended up with a six foot cardboard statue of him thanks to a friend willing to "steal" him for me. His wife's face was covered with pictures of me on the Hanes tags that I ripped off of clothes. My grandparents took me to his training camp in California, where I was able to get his autograph on a cap. For my 18th birthday my parents got me tickets to watch him as a Kansas City Chief, play in Houston. I touched his arm and it melted my heart.) I was past the point of obsession then and even now I cannot let this opportunity of maybe getting to meet him slip away. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: