Thursday, December 4, 2008

bare with me

Disclaimer: These do not belong to me. They are a size 4T.
I pick up Ashlyn today at Mamaw's and she jumps in the car and tells me that I sent Christmas panties in her bag for show 'n tell. I blow this off because she tends to ramble a lot and I was on a mission to pick up Allison's girls knowing that she was waiting on me. Sometimes it's hard to concentrate on a conversation after a long day at work and thinking about things that are needing done. So, it was after a party at Jenn's that this conversation resurfaced and I decided that I needed to get to the bottom of it (no pun intended). I asked Ashlyn what she was talking about. She pulls these panties from her bag and says, "These mama, you sent me these for show 'n tell." I just about died. For one, I have never seen these and two she has taken it upon her five year old self to trade in the backpack for a messenger bag - in which the panties were probably in there from last year. (New with tags, I might add.) I could not help but laugh and thought surely she did not show anyone when in fact she told me that she showed her teacher -Ms. Bullock laughed - and another girl's mom "who laughed real hard". I was laughing too of embarassment and wondering whose mom I need to track down and set the story straight. The teacher would not be a problem, the parent would be a little harder to contact. Ashlyn went on to tell me that they thought it was "hI-larious". At this point I found that to be true. Only Ashlyn would find these in her bag and show them as she thought they were intended. There are many reasons to smile at our house - even if they are little bitty Christmas bikinis :0)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My blogger in training HAD to type the following response to your HILARIOUS story...

and she told anna which is me

Allison said...

I'm just glad they were clean!

Janette's Joys said...

Oh Feffie what a proud moment for you as a momma! Now THAT counts as an awesome moment and a story that should be retold every Christmas from here on:)

gotta scrap! said...

Only our Ashlyn could pull this off! (no pun intended) God love her!