Monday, December 15, 2008

baby it's cold outside

Ah, winter weather is here. Yesterday we were in short sleeves and shorts (not really but we could have been) and today we need our parkas, snowboots, thermals, toboggans, mittens and ski pants on just to walk out to the car. Of all days I decided to check my mail...

It is a blustery 29 degrees (wish I had the degree symbol on my keypad - must be a meteorologist thing) with the threat (I ain't scurt) of icy roads by the morning. You're kidding, you mean we might have to stay home until 10:00? There are lessons to be taught and Christmas activities to be done... I don't have time to sleep in. Kidding. Time is of the essence. Who wouldn't want to burrow under the covers and take a long winter's nap? I'm in. Bring on the sleet.

Wishful thinking I am sure. I think I will stay home tonight and enjoy the peace of being in the empty house with no kids and no spouse to interrupt my laziness. Sure I brought home papers to grade and I will find time to fit that in as I watch The View, Ellen, The Young and the Restless, Regis and Kelly and the news all under a blanket. We Davis' are like the cave people - no need to turn on the heater until you develop frostbite. No siree, don't want another high electric bill. I guess cave people did not really have that option but we are trying to slum it and be tough. I just wish Jared were here instead of in South Texas to get me a fire going and then I would be ready for him to go back to hunting. I plan to slip into my warmest pj pants and thermal shirt with some sweet socks that are as soft as cotton and sip on hot tea or hot chocolate (I haven't decided). It's just me, my TV, a hot beverage and this dandy laptop until about 8:00 p.m.

I came home, talked on the phone, made me some pancakes, blogged and am about to get real cozy. I love cold weather. It's Christmas - it's supposed to be this way. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!

No comments: