Friday, July 10, 2009

tubin' like pros

Day two on the lake. First stop, Academy - for the tube that was sure to create fun and excitement for all.
We got out on the lake around 1:15 - the sun was making itself known, hot and bright (instead of loud and clear). This makes for a cranky dad trying to get the boat into the water while his 11 year old is in charge of backing the truck down the ramp and then pulling it into a parking space. Clayson is so good at things like this but it makes me so nervous. I'd rather not be a part of the backing in and loading up. My nerves cannot handle it. He did great as always. We drift out a bit and have a tube to inflate, an anchor that needs a home and kids that need sprayed down. And we are sweating bullets. Five minutes into this launch Ashlyn's face is sunburned. She was looking for shade but we had not put up the cover (I'm certain it has a name that I have not learned and that will be added to the term list as soon as I know.) She found some shade in the side compartment (see picture below) and was comfortable.


Once we finally cranked up, the wind cooled us off and got us motivated to tube. Trey went first and loved it - thumbs up for faster, thumbs down for slower and whole hand for stop. He used all three signals. Clayson got in for a short time and had fun. But, he is bitter that we bought a tube and not a wakeboard. (I am bitter that he had his cell phone in his pocket every time he got into the lake and did not realize it until three dips later.) Ashlyn was brave and tubed with me for six seconds and then started crying hard and could not wait to get out. Whole hand up - stop!! Then, I tubed and she cried the whole time I was out there, scared for me. I enjoyed it on my stomach but when I tried to get in the tube the water beat me up and I was ready for the whole hand up. Plus, my life jacket was way too big and rode up to my eyes pretty much. We also enjoyed a picnic out on the lake - good times.

If it's 104 degrees outside, there is no place I'd rather be.