Thursday, July 9, 2009

come on in, the water's nice and green

It seems like my week has been a whirlwind of actvities. And to think that it has been another week that has come and gone. Dear summer, please slow down. Thanks, Me. Just this week, I have taken many pictures, been to a day of inservice and today spent the early afternoon with some school friends in the pool before heading out to the lake.

Big news in the Davis household is that we have gotten a boat. The boat was purchased one week ago today, arrived from Florida on Saturday with no title which meant no tags, which meant no lake - until today. Jared's patience was tested a little and the boat was cleaned and sat in a lot. We have always wanted a boat (just like I have always wanted a swimming pool but now the lake is our swimming pool). I feel that this will give us time together as a family doing something that we all enjoy doing; whether it is sitting in the front seat hoping for a tan (me), eating chips and drinking Big Red (Ashlyn), jumping in over and over (Trey), learning how to drive (Clayson) and going full throttle against the current with the radio turned up loud (Jared).

We got out on the lake around 5:00 and tooled around while Jared scared me bad on our journey to "party cove". At times I felt like I was riding in a convertible, speeding down the highway hitting road bumps with no seatbelt to hold me down. But he claims he was not going fast, it was just the choppy water. Yeah, okay and my hair is not getting tangled by the second. Party cove is a "finger" (new term) that is calm, where boats gather and people ski, wakeboard, tube and swim. Because we haven't bought any of these towables (another new term), the kids settled for swimming. Ashlyn was not one bit hesitant to jump right into the water. (She is convinced that there are no fish in this lake.) All of the kids and Jared swam while I took pictures and checked up on my facebook - thank goodness for the iPhone and this ADD mama.


We went to the harbor for the concert but realized we were missing an important item to be able to sit and enjoy the concert with the other 400 (or less) boats. We needed an anchor. This has been noted on the shopping list - along with a tube, fire extinguisher and life saving device that can be thrown out for rescue. Looks like Bass Pro Shop and/ or Academy will become more than just a place to buy Christmas presents and sports attire.


Obviously, we had a blast! It looks like we are well on our way to becoming lake junkies. I'm fairly certain that this won't be the last of lake snapshots or water blogs. It's just what I do. I take pictures and I live to write about it.

No comments: