Monday, November 10, 2008

weeekend *wows*

I had an incredible weekend - no, we didn't go to Cozumel or anything like that. Good things happen in the Crandall/Combine area from time to time. Let the good times roll...



* Friday night one of my A friends with two little A girls came over for some girl time. The J friend with her circus wasn't able to make it and we missed them dearly. Clayson had a friend over so they dominated the upstairs while the girls ruled downstairs. (Trey and Jared were hunting.) Allison and I just sat back and relaxed with our laptops - we've gotten a little nerdy in our thirties. We enjoyed some old pasttimes and laughed a lot. The girls were excellent and it was such a great night for everyone.


* Saturday morning started off bright and early with Clayson and his friend up at the crack of dawn (6a.m.) wanting to make breakfast and coffee. I told him not to bother me until 9:00 so I got a couple more hours of rest - but no sleep. Instead, I fed my new addiction of making digital photo books. There are some things you don't have to get out of bed for.


Saturday afternoon we went to Clayson's football game and they let him run the ball for the first time and he scored a 40 yard touchdown. I knew he could do it if he was given the chance. I was the happiest mom in the stands! And, Clayson was the happiest player on the field. He needed that boost of self-confidence. I just can't tell you how much it made my face and my heart smile to see this football dream come true for him.


Saturday night was dinner with my other group of friends. (I have been accused of having different groups of friends...) We ended up where we always do, at Texas Roadhouse. We made lists and checked them twice. We laughed and we probably disturbed those around us but we were oblivious. We were just glad to be having a girl's night. After dinner we came back to my house for some laughs and more "intelligent" conversations.


* Sunday I got up and met my mom and kids at church. After church it was time to work on lesson plans and grade papers for the end of the second six weeks. This year is flying by. I've got great students and that makes for great days on the job.


While fixing taco soup, the kids and I practiced the Cha Cha and the Cupid Shuffle. We haven't laughed and had this much fun in a long time. We are gearing up for Clayson's big birthday bash this weekend. Football, music and food - it's gonna be a good one - Davis style.


Clayson had a make-up game from the Ike storms so we were back at the Pirate stadium last night. It was cold - the perfect football weather. He got the ball late in the 4th quarter and scored again! Go #44, you are our hero!!


It was a great weekend and I look forward to the next one. It's fall and I'm happy to see it outside my windows :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad y'all had fun the other night! We certainly hated to miss it! Hopefully, we can do it again soon... And I am so proud for Clayson! I just can't believe everyone is growing up... it still catches me off guard to think we are in nerdy thirties (well, that y'all have caught up with me - I thin I have been here for quite sometime:)