Thursday, November 27, 2008

Give thanks with a grateful heart

This is one of my favorite Christian song titles and it is so fitting at Thanksgiving and I should learn to apply it to my everyday life.


* For example - On the messy days I should be thankful to have a house to clean and three kids and a husband to mess it up. On the "ain't got no money" days I should be thankful that I have a steady job to know that eventually there will be another payday. For the days that I have laundry to do and to put up I should be thankful that we have enough of a wardrobe that I don't have to do it any more often than I do and that we have a washer and dryer to do it in. On the irritable days I should be happy that I have people in my life that I love enough to let irritate me one minute and cause me to smile the next.


* This Thanksgiving has been a great one. We went to my Mamaw's for lunch where we stopped drama in her tracks (it's a long story), enjoyed lunch and family and then on to Jared's Mamaw's where we crafted some small snowmen and watched the Cowboys win. Now, I am in my room with the door closed while the boys watch the A&M vs. UT football game and I have put my shopping ads down long enough to reflect on the things that I most thankful for on the best and worst of days.




I aM tHaNkFuL fOr:
1.) My husband of 12 years and his willingness to put up with me and love me in spite of it all. He is also a wonderful daddy who gives hugs and kisses to the kids all the time but is also willing to help with the discipline.
2.) My oldest son, Clayson, and his independence, his humor and his persistence (most of the time).
3.) My middle child, Trey, and his sensitive/sincere personality, his humor and his great hugs.
4.) My youngest child, Ashlyn, and her craftiness, independence and her ability to always make us laugh.
5.) All of my kids are healthy and for the part of my heart that will always belong to them.
6.) My mom and dad are so amazing. They are always there for me and I could not make it without them!
7.) My brother and the fact that he talks to me. (There were many years where we just did not have much in common.) He's also a good uncle to my kiddos.
8.) My grandparents mean the world to me. They set the best examples by living their life the way that they do. They have helped me "raise" all of my kids when I started working and helped with me as a little girl. They are my rock.
9.) My aunts, uncles, cousins are so much fun to be around and always make me smile.
10.) My inlaws are wonderful and also help us out in many ways. They are so much fun to be around.
11.) Last, but not least, my wonderful groups of friends. They are always there for me, always offer encouragement, are fun to talk to and hang out with and when all else fails they always have a shoulder and a smile waiting for me.


This list could go on and on and there are so many things that I could add to each list. I am thankful for the life that I have and the people that are in it.


Give thanks with a grateful heart, give thanks to the holy one, give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ his son.

I am thankful for Jesus.

Here is the video of the song, I encourage you to listen to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBpv-ZzcQD8

1 comment:

gotta scrap! said...

I am Thankful for you too! I love you.