Sunday, November 16, 2008

giddy up



Whoa! I was ready to grab the reins on Friday to get a grasp on what had become my life: football practice and games, a birthday party to plan for, numerous school trainings, Christmas things to do and a house that needed some attention from more than the broom. Most days I can handle the pressure and then there are days where I become so overwhelmed that none of my thoughts make sense. I was almost to that point when I decided to shop instead of think Friday after work. I love retail therapy - it's my favorite form of stress relief. After being out of the classroom 4 days out of 9; three days a week of football since August, a birthday party that had to have times adjusted due to an unexpected football game, the realization that I need to write my infamous Christmas letter, buy loads of Christmas gifts, schedule pictures with Allison and a house that needed cleaned before the birthday party - my week could have easily spiraled out of control but I refused to let that happen. Here's how:















* I had great subs who kept things/ students orderly and productive. This made it easy to come back to work on Friday and keep things moving. Shout out to those three ladies.







* Football is FINALLY over as of Saturday. I love that Clayson plays football and is becoming a great player but Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays are days we need back for all of the other things that might fill those nights - or at least for earlier bedtimes and a day of rest on the weekend.








* Clayson's birthday party was scheduled for 4:30 Saturday but when our playoff game was to be played at 3:15, the party was moved to 6:00 on the coldest night of the season. There were 12 kids (9 boys/ 3 girls) - theme was football - food was concession stand items (nachos, chili dogs, pickles and drinks) - activities included football, musical chairs (I insisted), the ChaCha, chocolate cupcakes smeared on faces, and a condensed/ altered 5th grade version of the Cupid Shuffle. Shout out to Cindy Huff and the dad for helping me make it through this three hour 11th birthday crusade.







* The Christmas letter is in my thoughts, I have found some cool things to get people for Christmas but still have a long list to do and to decide upon and I have pictures with Allison on Thursday. I hope she can work her magic on my picture-hating- boys.







* The house has been cleaned but will need an additional cleaning on Tuesday afternoon because Bunco is here Tuesday night. I failed to mention that earlier.








So, that's the low down on this past week and weekend. I slowed the lifehorse down and made it through :0)







Here are some pictures of the barrel race :)






5th grade boys doing Cupid Shuffle - not quite like I taught them







the party crowd






the birthday boy



can't forget Ashlyn Brooke





*disclaimer: I do not know where the horse theme came from. My mind works in mysterious ways.

No comments: