Sunday, November 23, 2008

Reflecting



















Evidently Desperate Housewives is not coming on tonight, so blogging it shall be.





Clayson turned 11 last Wednesday and it is so hard to believe. My first born, the baby I could not wait to have is approaching teenage years. We won't think about that... He is so grown up and I think it is due to the fact that he and Trey are close in age. Clayson was "forced" to grow up and be a big boy at the ripe old age of 17 months, the day he became a big brother. Of course, I did not realize it then and it took years to realize that he did not get to be a baby/ only child long. I don't regret any of it because I wouldn't trade those precious moments or precious baby boys for the world.


Thinking back over the past 11 years I remember that as a baby Clayson was spoiled rotten - all I wanted to do was sit and hold him. (He slept on our bed until he was 7.) As a toddler, he was a biter. I babysat kids and he always bit one sweet little girl on the cheek. It was a habit I could not force him to break and it was so hard to deal with. As a child he always idolized his daddy and wanted to do whatever he did. He had a strong infatuation with tractors for the longest time. Now, as a big kid, he is so independent and still worships his daddy. He loves to hunt and is into name-brand clothes. He smiled big when he got the Abercrombie shirts from his daddy and I for his birthday - back in the day he would have been furious to unwrap shirts and they would be tossed to the side. It's evident that he is growing up and I can't believe just how fast.







On to weekend news... while the boys are away, the girls will play. Jared and the boys went to Abilene to hunt all weekend. Ashlyn and I had some good times with friends and family. On Friday night we went with some friends to CiCi's and then on to Southern Junction. She and Corbin had a blast on the dance floor. We got there early and left early before the family restaurant turned into a nightclub. Here are some pictures of Ashlyn in action.

Saturday, we went to Mamaw's to make Christmas candy. This is a yearly event that I cherish. Here is Ashlyn licking the spoon- when did I get too old to do that?!









Today we have been to church, watched the Cowboy game, looked through the pictures that my friend Allison took, took a short nap and went back to church for the Thanksgiving dinner. It has been a great weekend. I just wish we were out of school all week like some other cool schools!

No comments: