Thursday, August 14, 2008

If I am dreaming, don't wake me up...

Whewww.... the past two weeks have been a whirlwind of activity. Some fun, some not so fun (painting baseboards, cutting in, painting ten foot doors, I could go on and on). But, moving out of the love shack was well worth the pain, suffering, sweating and backaches - that's for sure.

I am truly living in the house of my dreams. It's a good size, everyone has their space plus some, and it is very open. And, I have not been forced to decorate as rustic as I feared. I have hung some metal stars here and there to please the husband but he has liked all my wooden signs and decor so far. I knew it would not truly matter as much to him once we got in and he saw what I had planned. So, all is well. The only disagreement so far has been about the flat screens he wants three of.

Here is a play-by-play of each room. Or, better yet - pictures. They speak for themselves.

The princess suite: bedroom with bathroom













The kitchen, where I don't mind spending time

The 1/2 bath - proud to be an American

living quarters: soon to be blessed with a big screen

Master Bathroom








Master Bedroom : empty at the moment





















My closet

Gameroom



Clayson's huntin' room

Trey's fishin' room

boy's bathroom



We moved in and stayed on Sunday night and I had bunco here on Tuesday night. Talk about putting it in high gear with that bit of a motivation booster. I was forced to get a lot done. This was the fun part. I am still hanging things and just about have all the boxes unpacked. We are all adjusting to the space, the whereabouts of things we need and the beauty of lots of hard work. This house was the best 12th anniversary present I could have asked for. (Side note: August 3rd was Jared and I's 12th anniversary. We were outside that morning gathering trash and he looked over at me and said, "Happy Anniversary. (pause) I got you a house." It was sweet. With all the hustle and bustle this anniversary came and went without any thoughts, cards, dinner or gifts. That's okay - we will always remember this anniversary as being special with the new house.)


Each night gets a little more routine for all of us. Ashlyn did well the first night, last night she wanted to just spend one night in our bed. Trey goes in his room, shuts the door and locks it. Clayson wants the light on in his room and in the gameroom. First night - he ended up in Trey's bed, hence the reason Trey locks his door now :) Jared and I have gone from a full size bed to a king size bed so we have room to breathe and not feel each other's every move. And, we got a new mattress that is way comfortable. If it weren't for our windows with no curtains or blinds, I might have a hard time getting up. The sun is one early wake up call. But, much more pleasant than a grinding alarm.

I love everything about this house. It feels so good to be home.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I love it, too! Still wondering which room is mine...