Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Our Big Day

Yesterday was such a great day! It all turned out better than I expected and I am so thankful for that. Clayson started 5th grade in a class full of friends, Trey went to 3rd grade with his cute little glasses on, Ashlyn went off to Kindergarten to fulfill her dream of becoming a big girl and I am starting my 8th year of 5th grade. Here are pictures of the beginning of our new journey.



Last night, Ashlyn asked me if today would be Friday. Ha! She is already learning the value of a weekend. She was tired and on the grumpy side this morning but she never cried or showed any signs of distress about another day of school. She was still enthusiastic about going, just at a slower pace. Here are some 2nd day pictures.



Today she said that she threw up in her mouth and just wiped it on her shorts...lovely. Survival skills of a kindergartener!

Thank you for your prayers and happy thoughts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am laughing out loud about the throw up! Maybe Bella has been giving her lessons! I will admit a sense of relief (not to mention exhaustion) at actually getting into the swing of things - instead of just anticipating. I just hope my energy holds up!

Allison said...

I am cracking up so much too! I had to read it to Christopher. That is such an Ashlyn story!