Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Lists are my favorite past time

I love to make lists; grocery lists, to-do lists, honey-do lists and lately I have made a bunch of lists for the new house. Every room has a list and every different type of labor has a list. And, I usually don't write them just once. Now I have decided to make a blogging list of things that come to mind and things that have been going on.

1.) The Reading TAKS test has come and gone. I hope, for my teaching partner's sake, that the students did well. They were well-behaved to have sat from 9:15 - 2:00, with only one 45 minute break. This is usually the class that cannot behave for 15 minutes. I would like to think that they "stepped up" today and took learning and testing serious.

2.) Hillary Clinton won the Texas primary. I have never voted democratic before and it was a little odd to be on that side but between our lunch room chats and friend to friend chats, I think the reverse psychology paid off yesterday. The voting officials assured me that I could vote Republican in the November election. I almost wanted to go to the caucus to see what that was all about. But, my bed was calling my name. I did catch Mike Huckabee's concession speech and was "wowed" by him and his use of scripture and heroic men as a means of walking away a winner even though he lost. I hope to see him on the ballot again in four years.

3.) Jared took everything to the bank and we are scheduled to close on our interim loan on March 14th. This means we will be starting by the end of this month. I am not oblivious to the fact that things with the bank and closings don't always stay on schedule. I just hope that when I get back from Spring Break, there is a big 'ol piece of concrete waiting to be made into a house. I am ready to mark some things off of my lists :0)

4.) The kids are testing Jared and I. Clayson has an attitude problem. It is a little concerning that if he is this mouthy at ten, what will he be like as a teenager? Soon, we will have a room to send him to. He is a man in a kid's body most of the time. Trey is trying out bad words but claims that he doesn't know they are bad. A little back door burning let's him know that he better not say these things again. He got in trouble at school today for holding his tongue and saying six - try it and you'll see why he got in trouble. He also got in trouble at home. Our motto is that if you get in trouble at school you are in big trouble at home. Ashlyn seems to have the colic again. She is crabby - whining, yelling, talking back - every single night at about the same time. Too bad mylecon can't cure these pre-kindergarten moods.

5.) Speaking of kindergarten, I just got word that the Kindergarten Roundup is April 1st. It hit me. My baby girl is really growing up and I can't do anything about it. I am not ready for this. That's all I need to say for now.

6.) We had a good weekend. Saturday I got to keep the girls; Alex, Anna and little Ava. It is so funny to see them play together. It was from one thing to the next. They wanted to try it all. Their favorite thing was riding the bad boy buggy with Clayson out to see the sheep and around the land. They rode Ashlyn's scooter, which she had a real hard time sharing. Having brothers, she is not used to having someone want to play with her stuff. They played, they danced, they posed for pictures and they had a picnic. Ava hung out with me. She played with cups and as long as she had a little snack I could keep her happy inside. Otherwise, she wanted to be outside with the big girls.

Saturday afternoon Jennifer, Allison and I loaded up the four girls and Ross and headed to Rockwall. The girls went to a preschool classmate's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. Word to the wise, don't have birthday parties or even plan to go here on a Saturday afternoon. It was wall to wall kids and parents and chaos just trying to keep up with the ones we had. After cake, presents and a headache we went to the harbor to eat. When we decided to valet park, it was like the clown car at the circus when we all piled out! We started off at one place to eat and me, miss picky, did not like anything so we went to Ruby Tuesdays and waited by the lake. We found the perfect table, requested it and they gave it to someone else. Darn. We had to wait longer. It is such a beautiful place to wait. It felt like we were on vacation - because of the location and maybe the exhaustion. We finally got seated and let the girls sit at their own table. As long as we kept them loaded up with grapes they were good. We only ran off two people that we know of. We ended the Saturday with a rejuvenated friendship between us and the little friends.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your pictures look so awesome! It really was a fun day on Saturday - just incredibly long! But everyday is with my circus... I am so excited about your house! One political note - I hope my theory about obama being easier for mccain to defeat in November is wrong - since it looks like hill might get the nomination...

Allison said...

I'm so excited to see things marked off your lists too...definitely those house things (not kindergarten roundup). I agree with Jen, the pics are great.