Thursday, March 6, 2008

Miss Davis

As I was laying on the couch this evening, trying to stay awake during American Idol, Ashlyn brought Emma, Brittany and Arron downstairs. These are normally her babies but tonight they were her students. Arron got spankins for sleeping during her lesson. Then they all got their hand stamped for being good, even Arron. Ashlyn leaned them all the babies up against me and she became their music teacher. She went and got a sheet of notebook paper, wrote something on it and began singing, "I'm a little cowboy....", to the tune of "I'm a little teapot". She said that she could hear Arron and Brittany singing but she could not hear Emma. She wanted to hear all of them. Class was over and it was time for them to go home so Brittany, Emma and Arron were lined up on the stairs and had to wait until she called their name for them to go.

This was the first time that I witnessed Ashlyn playing school. It brought back such great memories. It made me smile because she was so serious and I remember how involved I always got in my pretending. It's a world that I hope she stays in for a very long time.

No comments: