Thursday, February 28, 2008

Home, Home on the Ranch


What started out as a wooded piece of land has now become a full-fledged ranch. Things are ever changing here. Our animals are increasing in numbers and variety. The seasons are trying to change. And the landscape is about to become 3D.


Our motherless lambs are thriving. They are growing, playing and always look forward to us coming at them with bottles. They have a fenced in area at the back of the ranch so that they have space to run and play. They also have a new friend. Roman, is a nine week old great white pyrenees. He has been brought in to protect the seven sheep from another tragedy. It's a sad deal because he is so cute and we cannot treat him like a pet. No one is allowed to touch him while he bonds with the sheep. I don't know if we will ever be able to treat him like a pet. Maybe Jennifer can give me some insight on this. So, we have seven sheep, two dogs, two random ducks that show up in the pond some days and three kids.


We are real excited about building our house. Jared is getting bids from the contractors while I decorate it in my mind. I am losing sleep because of all the thinking I do. Ive got colors picked out for rooms. a list of furniture we need and I am dying to go shopping. Jared and I seem to have very different opinions on styles. He says rustic, which I think of as country. I don't want wooden ducks or any blue gingham wallpaper but I do want cute primitive stuff. Hopefully we can compromise on this deal since I spend more time in the house. I think he has agreed to let me have the kitchen, dining room, Ashlyn's room and the jack-n-jill bathroom to decorate as I want. I'm hoping to gain the laundry room next. One room at a time....


So, things are changing. Whomever said, "change is good", was right on!


Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Our pyrenees were always our pets and the sheep protectors... They are the best dogs ever, I think!

I am so excited about the new house! It will be fun to decorate...

I just hope it doesn't keep you from hanging out too often:)

Allison said...

Love the pic! Can't wait for you to post pics from yesterday's fun-filled day.