Friday, February 18, 2011

how sweet it is

Valentine's Day. 2011. Not just my normal hearts day. I've always just considered this holiday to be Hallmark created and have just gone through the motions of helping the kids fill out their cards and preparing for school parties. It was just another day for me to love my kids. This year, I loved my kids but I had a bit of a different perspective in my own love life.

We had made planned to do something for Valentine's Day. The "where and what" were not finalized until the day before. We go and we do things all the time so today we decided to do something different. We went out to White Rock Lake, threw out a blanket and enjoyed our Arby's sandwiches and fries. (We even shared a little with the ducks.) Of course, I had to set the self-timer on the camera and capture a couple of pictures of this memorable day. After lunch, pictures and talking we decided to take a little walk. We walked, talked and stopped to sit on a bench to talk some more. It was such a relaxing afternoon - the sun had come back out after many days of experiencing the Ice Age, the wind had died down and I had gotten a pedicure because the weather was perfect for my new flip-flops. We enjoyed the walk back to the car and headed home. I am so thankful that he is willing to give me one of the most important things in any relationship - time.

The day before Valentine's, I came "home" to his house to find these beautiful roses, balloon and a card that melted my heart.

He even got single roses for Ashlyn and Kayla. I shared my gift and a photo montage put to music with him.



I've always heard it said that love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning. Joey has given it meaning. He's given new meaning to my life. It means so much to have someone that I truly enjoy being with every single day. Every day I realize how blessed that I am.

On this "holiday", I didn't love him any more than yesterday or any less than tomorrow. We love each other every single day. How sweet it is to be loved by him.

No comments: