Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Arctic Blast Break '11

White out. It's taken on a new meaning. It's not something used to cover errors, it's what happened to our small town . The meteorologists were calling for a winter storm and they were right on. The first day was ice and flurries, the second day it was too cold to melt the ice but no flurries, the third day we were able to go to school and then the fourth day buried us in six inches of snow. I was iced in at Joey's house for two days and we enjoyed the slow down that it brought. On Thursday night, we took the kids to the NFL experience and by the time we got onto the highway that leads us home, it started snowing. It snowed harder and harder and would be what we Texans might consider a "blizzard". It was hard to see and the driving was slow. We eventually made it back to his house to drop him off and then I got my first "driving in snow" experience - I was a little nervous. The kids and I were snowed in at home on Friday and they played in it for a bit but apparently, they got their fill during our first snow storm in January. It was just a good reason to be out of school to them. Saturday, Joey, Matt and I went to a big hill and went sledding (on skim boards) for a little while - we had a lot of fun. My kids were at my mom's so if we get lucky/unlucky enough to get more snow, I will take them for some thrill rides next time.

Here are my picture collages that captured our memories.


Snowflakes are kisses from Heaven. (author unknown)

No comments: