Sunday, November 29, 2009

giving thanks

It's so hard to believe that Thanksgiving has come and gone. We got out of school early on Tuesday and it has been nonstop ever since.

There are a lot of things that I have to be thankful this year. I am blessed to have three healthy children, parents and inlaws that love me through it all, supportive friends who are always there to pick me up when I am down and the friends and family that I could not make it without. I am especially thankful for peace that passes all understanding.

We spent Thanksgiving lunch at my Mamaw and Papaw's and then headed to Plano to see Jared's family since he was working. For lunch, I was in charge of making a dessert - which was successful - but the green bean casserole - not so much. (Probably was not a good idea to double the recipe before making sure I had enough of the ingredients to do that, especially green beans.) Oh well. I've never claimed to be Paula Deen.


I made a 4 a.m. trip to the Wal-Mart on Friday morning for a laptop but returned home at 4:30 a.m. with detergent, chocolate donuts and a Dr. Pepper. There were no buggies and no parking places. There was not one bit of room to walk up the main aisles but the detergent row was empty. Tide obviously did not make it into the black Friday ad.

On Friday we got all of the Christmas stuff out and by Saturday night the tree was decorated and most things have been put in a place but my couch still holds things that I cannot figure out where to put. They may have to go back into the tote because I am overwhelmed. I'm sure there is no such thing as having too many Christmas decorations but I'm out of ideas.

I am hosting bunco here tomorrow night so it has forced me to clean and decorate and has not left any time for editing. I currently have seven shoots to edit and deliver. After tomorrow, they become priority. Busy is good.

Here are some pictures from Thanksgiving. Hope you all had a great one and remembered to give thanks to the One who makes it all possible.






























No comments: