Monday, August 24, 2009

school time '09


Well, it's here. It's really, really here. I have a middle school student - making me feel old - two elementary students - that are growing up too fast and about 60 new students - to keep it real for the next nine months. As much as I am never ready for summer to end and work to begin, I always enjoy it once I am there.


Here is my back-to-school blog in pictures because I am really too tired to think and type much. I will note the important things so that they will not soon be forgotten. And, hope to become more detailed as the week goes on because I do have a million things running through my mind.

'Twas the night before school started ...

Clayson was on the computer, Ashlyn was playing baby dolls, Trey was watching TV and I was putting clean sheets on the bed.



These midnight riders were all in bed by 9:30 and I think Ashlyn was the last one to sleep and it was by 10:30, first time in months.




First day of school..

Everyone got up pretty easily. I made cinnamon rolls for a quick breakfast. We were out the door by 7:20. No one seemed nervous, frazzled or even grumpy. I have to say that I was so worried about Clayson going to middle school. It's a huge jump from where he was to where he is and I just am not ready for him to grow up and be faced with all the stress middle school brings. Jared took him and, of course, left the camera at home. I at least wanted a picture of him getting out of the truck and walking. Oh well, he went to Wal-Mart for me and so it almost gets him off the hook. Here are our morning pictures of my three sweet students.

At school...
Ashlyn went into her first grade classroom, found her locker and gave her teacher a quick hug to start the day. She is ready to learn, it's a true passion that she has. I hope she always has this desire to read and to know.




Trey, typical boy - too cool for pictures. He is looking forward to 4th grade with a great teacher and several friends.

I got word yesterday that my three classes of only 18 students had jumped to 25. It kind of left me in a tizzy wondering if I had enough copies, I knew I did not have enough desks and I had been looking forward to small groups - for once. When I got to school this morning, I picked up my roll sheets and much to my amazement, our numbers had not changed. Whew. What a relief!
Here I am with a sweet student :0)



After school:




Ashlyn has been singing all afternoon, Trey is tired and Clayson had a good day and even had the energy to wax and clean out the boat.


All in all, our day was fantastic - probably the best first day I have had in nine years. I look forward to a great year - in a new building with old friends, making new friends and having a good time doing what I love to do.

Here is where we were last year: then and now.

2 comments:

gotta scrap! said...

What a great blog! Thanks for sharing all the great pictures! I am going to miss all those sleepovers during the week!

Misty said...

Great Post! They looked great their first day!!!