Sunday, August 30, 2009

my list

Last week I was prepared for a wild ride but we managed to get through it as smoothly as possible - with only a few kinks. Here's a list of ups and downs of BTS '09 (BTS-back to school).


1.) It is way cute to see Ashlyn and her friend coming down the hall after school.


2.) I see Trey and Ashlyn a couple of times during the day and they always have a smile for me.


3.) Clayson survived the first week of middle school without too many complaints.


4.) Clayson had bus issues Monday- Thursday coming to my school. On Friday we finalized a new ride situation and it's going to work out much better.


4a.) Clayson rides the bus over to the middle school every morning so I am forced to get to work by 7:30.


5.) My classes are all 20 students and below with just a few stinkers.


6.) I love, love, love all the people that I work with, the atmosphere of the building, my bosses and especially those I am teaching 5th grade with.


6a.) Trey and Ashlyn both love their teachers.


7.) I only got yelled at a few times.


8.) I have captured hearts and now it is time to capture minds.


9.) Thursday night was bunco with school friends - I won :)


10.) Friday night - first home game - "Black Out" - sad thing is we lost and Ashlyn is afraid the Pirates will now have to walk the plank.


11.) Big Brother is my favorite reality show and gives me something to look forward to on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday nights.


12.) Tears only came on Thursday morning because Ashlyn did not want to get out of bed. Her punishment: no friends in my room after school. Friday was better.


13.) Trey also has friends after school and the day I told him to be back in 20 minutes, I found him one hour later. His punishment: no leaving my room Friday afternoon.


14.) Both 12 and 13 punish me in the long run.


15.) We ended the busy/tiring week with some little Pirate football. Here are Clayson and Trey sporting the black and gold. (more pictures here)





16.) My mom cooked dinner and had it at the house for us to enjoy as soon as we got home on Tuesday. It was yummy and we even had some left over for Wednesday.

17.) Cool mornings hinting that Fall is on the way!

******************************************

I am able to add humor to my first week of school but on the other hand, some that I love dearly have faced sadness this week. Sharon, my dear friend, lost her mother.. You may remember my post about "Granny" from a few weeks ago. I know that Granny is rejoicing with Jesus and is enjoying the mansion that He prepared for her but to lose a mom/grandmother is a time that brings great sadness to her children and grandchildren. I pray for Sharon and her family to find peace in this time of sorrow.

My mother-in-law made a tough decision this week to close down her scrapbook store. I know that the decision was coveted in prayer. It has not been an easy time for her this past week and I pray for her to be able to recover from all that has happened.

It is so hard for us to understand that God has a plan but He does. He promises us that. I hold on to that promise.

It is Sunday night and dinner is almost done. I had to raid the freezer tonight and tomorrow I need to raid Wal-Mart. (I miss you summertime.) Here's to a great second week of BTS '09.

1 comment:

Misty said...

I LOVE this post!!!
Hope you are having a GREAT week!!!!