Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Twas the night before TAKS...

Although I was not the one taking the 5th grade math TAKS test today, I felt like I needed a good nights sleep, a good breakfast and needed a good start to the day. (I may not have taken the test but 50 tests were taken that will reflect on my teaching. So, it is enough pressure to wear a teacher down.)

Ashlyn had a stomach ache yesterday at her Nana's. I figured that she had eaten too much at Furrs and was feeling the bloat. She hardly eats at home but she will tear up some drumsticks, vegetables and fruit there. She spent a lot of time on the potty without any luck. Her Nana called me a little later and said that she had thrown up and she seemed to feel better. I was relieved. I told Jared that no matter what, I could not miss work and he would have to stay home with her if she did not get better. Ashlyn came home and went to bed after a warm bath. She was sleeping good until I got to sleep. She would wake up crying out and moaning. Every time I got up she would stop. But you know how it goes. The one time I decided to wait it out, she started throwing up. In the bed. It wasn't bad and she never even knew it. Neither did Jared for that matter. She fell fast asleep, on the other end of the bed, and slept the rest of the night.

1:15 a.m. - I can finally get some sleep.

2:15 a.m. - I hear feet moving.

I sit up and see Trey sleepwalking to the stairs. "TREY," I shouted. Jared was startled and he sat up and we were both yelling " TREY, TREY". It was like we were in slow motion and could not get up. Something made Trey halt and not go down the stairs, which would not have been a pleasant fall. He never woke up. He could not even get into our bed he was so asleep. He is notorious for talking in his sleep and sitting up to do it. It's a little unnerving. So, I was so shaken up by what could have happened and uncomfortable with the three of us in a full size bed that I barely got any sleep. I woke up tired and cranky. No time for breakast.

I know that my students will make me proud though :)





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post! Sad story! I can sooo identify! Luckily, no throwing up last night. But plenty of butterflies for this morning. I liked Kenna's prayer the best - peace for the nervous ones and the ones who need it to remember to take their medicine!