Thursday, April 10, 2008

Friends Forever

I have the greatest friends ever! Recently I made a decision to forgive a friend for something that happened almost four years ago. I may have turned many of my friends against her because of my hurt and anger. I felt it was time to also right my wrong. I emailed my closest friends, ones that were affected, and told them of my decision and apologized for coming between them. I need to be forgiven of things I have said, the attitide I have had and for having such a hard heart for all these years. Here are some of the responses I got in return.

Goodness! I know you must feel relieved. It is absolutely draining to keep/nurture negative feelings towards someone that you once truly cared about. No one is perfect and it really does take a bigger person to forgive. I am glad that this no longer weighs on your mind;-) Jenny Jou Jen

I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU STEPHANIE!!! You are a wonderful person.
I know how hard that was for you. I need to be more like you.
Love you......

Zan


I would never be mad at that kind of decision. You should not hold grudges when you think the person has changed. You are a best friend of mine and I will ALWAYS back you up... You can count on that!!!!!
Rhonda


I am so proud of you. You are so right. That is the right decision. I am glad to be your friend. Jennifer

You go girl! I need some of your forgiveness too!! Cindy

You're my best friend, too....I'll give you a shout out... Allison

Now you see why I can honestly say I have the greatest circle of friends!

I cannot take back things I have said but I am learning to tame my tongue. Jesus says, "I will forgive their wrongdoing and never again remember their sin." Jeremiah 31:34. This is what makes Jesus so perfect and us so imperfect. It is easier to forgive than forget. To know Jesus forgives and forgets is powerful!
Thank you friends for loving me through my imperfect moments. I cannot express to you what your friendship means to me. I love you all so much.


Love, Me

2 comments:

Allison said...

I feel special, but I'm sorry I didn't have a real reply so here it is...

You are the greatest friend. I wouldn't expect any less of you to forgive someone who hurt you badly. God knows you've forgiven me many times for the crazy stuff I've done, and I thank you for it. Love, me

Unknown said...

I honestly feel fortunate that you chose me for a friend. You are such a blessing to me, and I can see why we need to spread that around... but not too thin!:)