Sunday, April 6, 2008

Matrimonial Testimonial

Things are going great at the Davis household.
*Parenting has become more of a partnership. Instead of me pointing things out to Jared, he has become aware of behaviors that are in need of attention.
* Conversations are on the rise. We enjoy talking on the phone and at home about our lives and, of course, about the house.
* Awareness is evident. I try to keep the laundry area clean because it is in Jared's shop and he likes to keep the shop clean. He, in turn, will wash dishes and keep things straightened up on the inside because he knows I like to keep the house picked up. So, we try to help each other out and there is no nagging taking place. It makes for great team work.
* We are saving money for the house ,which means staying home more, which translates into eating out less and no unnecessary shopping. It's been hard but I like to know there is money in the bank when it comes to getting new things for the house.
* No fighting, arguing or blaming. Things just seem so much more at ease and the kids are happy. Now, home (in the love shack) is not a place I dread being. In fact, I have become quite the homebody.

* A verse I came across recently is:
O LORD, my strength and my stronghold, and my refuge in the day of distress... Jeremiah 16:19

I am a walking marriage miracle. I have been through the valley of the shadow of death (a marriage dying) but I am no longer in that valley thanks to Jesus!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I am so glad to hear your home is happy! That makes all the difference in the world! I have been on both sides of the fence! The happy side is WAY more fun!