Thursday, January 24, 2008

Friends Forever

On the way to our 5th grade field trip yesterday my teaching partner mentioned that she has a journal and she had recently written about something she was thankful for. She went on to tell me that her mom finds something to be thankful for everyday and writes it down. I thought this was a great idea and want to join the thankful bandwagon. I plan to blog often about things I am thankful for. I don't ever forget things that I don't like or enjoy but I tend to forget the things that make me happy or that I am so fortunate to have in my life.

Today I am so thankful for my very best friends, Jennifer and Allison. We have been friends since 4th grade, which is a total of 21.5 years. Wow. We are thirty-two years old (Allison will be in April) so for most of our lives, we have been friends. Not just friends - best friends. You know, BFFs. Kids don't realize that the friends they make in elementary school may be their friends for life.

Jennifer, Allison and I had many other friends that we enjoyed being with in high school and through college and we still continue to make new friends along the way but there is no one that can ever replace the bonds that we have created, the memories that we share, the secrets that we tell or the power of friendship that we have with each other. We are all different but the love we have as friends is all the same.

We went to dinner tonight and since Ava was sick we only had six kids between us. We went to Roadhouse and enjoyed the time that we got to talk and look forward to a big girl's night out soon. We try to get together once a week when it works out. Our kids are all friends and we hope that they are able to build relationships as we have done.

In closing, thank you Jennifer and Allison for being such special friends to me and always being there with your words of wisdom. Allison is always able to humor me and speak the truth and Jennifer is always able to mother and nurture with scripture or just her soft spokenness. I love you both and look forward to creating many more memories in the future!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a happy prize to find this sweet blog! You described our friendship so perfectly. I honestly don't know what I would do without y'all!

I am not sure about the soft spoken compliment for me, but we all know after last night that my offspring definitely don't that quality:)

I just couldn't help by think when we left last night how fortunate I am to have such good friends to put up with my circus, and that I would choose to do almost anything just to get to hang out with y'all!

Allison said...

Wow! I feel so loved and so special. Thank you! You are just as loved and special to me, too. We couldn't make it without each other (and our circuses, too!)

Unknown said...

I just wanted to say how happy it makes me to see this blog and be reminded of how blessed I am to have such a sweet friend!