Tuesday, January 11, 2011

for the record...

Geez Louise! Don't you just love when words are put into your mouth and people have you all figured out? I've been a victim of this this past week and it's really made me do some soul searching. Do I want to blog about this? Not really. Do I want to settle some controversy? It probably needs to happen. Can I predict the future? Thank goodness that I can't. But, do I know what I'm feeling? Yes, actually I do.

It's come up numerous times over the past nine months and will continue to come up, I'm sure. But, to answer the rhetorical question of: are you and Joey going to get married and there are those saying that I am ready to get married ... to both of those, the answer is NO. And here is why.

We are both at a happy place in our lives and with each other. If it's not broken, don't fix it - right? We are at a point where everything is just right. Both of us are just coming out of marriages and are not ready to jump from the fire back into the frying pan.

Now, having said all of that ... I am crazy about him and who knows what the future holds for us. I'm not saying that it will never happen (refer to previous sentence). For now, we take one day at a time, enjoy the simple things, enjoy our independence, enjoy the time we spend together and are focused on maintaining a strong, healthy relationship while having fun and not talking about marriage. Keeping it real, keeping it simple and keeping it fun... always.

They said it best in the movie Four Christmases- We are happy and I love him. Marriage brings stress and pressure. We don't want our relationship to turn into work, we want to be together because we enjoy it, not because we have to.

End of discussion and straight from the horse's mouth.

No comments: