Tuesday, November 30, 2010

the blogs of Fall


Wow! Time flies when you are having fun. Last I remember we were preparing to go back to school for a new year and now we are preparing for Christmas in just 25 days. At least I can say that I have something to show for all this time, a great big smile. So much has been going on since October (my last post): an injury, a surgery, a birthday, the holidays have arrived and I have stepped out of my comfort zone. Due to time, I'm going to let the picture collage do most of the talking. After all, pictures are worth more than a thousand words, right?


OCTOBER
Clayson had elbow surgery due to a football practice injury. His football season ended almost as quickly as it started. He broke a bone off of his elbow which required a screw being put in so that it would heal correctly and wouldn't affect his future in sports. It was a day surgery and momma held up pretty good until it was all over and then I passed out - literally. Clayson did awesome- his biggest fear, the IV, was not put in until he had taken the "silly juice" and fallen asleep. He was a trooper and soon we hope that he will be released back into the world of athletics.
I turned 35 (see previous blog) and had an amazing birthday weekend. It's so crazy to be 35 and starting life all over again. But, I am thankful for second chances.
We also got all dressed up for Halloween and had a Fall Festival at school and then trick-or-treated with friends in their neighborhood on Halloween night. Clayson was a scarecrow, Trey a hobo and Ashlyn a ladybug.





(Due to technical difficulties, what was meant to be one long blog will be turned into two blogs. Stay tuned for November happenings.)

No comments: