Tuesday, November 30, 2010

the blogs of Fall - part II

NOVEMBER

I have been crazy, busy with photo shoots every weekend (Saturdays and Sundays) and some weekdays. It's been a lot of fun meeting new families and mingling with the families I've taken pictures of before.

Clayson turned 13, which seems so surreal. First of all, I should not be old enough to have a teenager. Second of all, it seems like just yesterday he was my first baby, then a biting toddler, a daddy's boy infatuated with tractors, a mouthy preteen and now a 5'7", 127 1b. grown boy. He is such a help to me. His new thing is to just pick me up and carry me off somewhere else when I am getting after him - it's so crazy. He got a 30*6 gun for his birthday - he chose this big gift over a birthday party and has big hopes and dreams for this gift to kill him a nice buck at the deer lease.

We spent our annual Saturday-before-Thanksgving over at Mamaw's making candy and playing games. My job was to make chocolate covered cherries and I did just that and they were tasty.

And then there was Thanksgiving. I have so, so much to be thankful for this year. I am thankful for my kids; Clayson, Trey and Ashlyn - they are my biggest blessings and are the littlest loves of my life. I'm thankful for my family that may not agree with all my decisions but love me unconditionally. I'm thankful for my friends that knew behind my smile was a broken heart . I could not have made it through many rough times without their encouragement, support and for the many, many times that they listened to me moan and groan over bad decisions, the divorce and all the of the emotional struggles that came my way. I've got some pretty great friends. And, of course, I am thankful for the boy who came along at just the right time, swept me off my feet and has brought me months of happiness.
We had a Thanksgiving Eve feast at my house with all my kids, Joey and his three kids, his grandaughter and her mom, along with my parents and his mom. We had the whole gang and had so much fun. I gave cooking a whirl with a turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, rolls, fudge and a chess pie. Everyone said that it all tasted good and I have to say I thought that I did a pretty good job for my first big holiday meal. I enjoyed the company of my cousin Angela and her two kiddos while I prepared and cooked. I'm becoming a fan of being in the kitchen.
That night the kids left to go to their dad's and it left me with tears. In 13 years this was my first Thanksgiving without my kids and it was hard. I kept in touch with them often. I spent Thanksgiving day over at Mamaw and Papaw's and had such a great time with the family. We laughed, we threw rolls, spilled some tea and listened to Joey make up crazy stories. It was a great day (minus my three kiddos). It was Joey's first time to meet most of the family but he fit right in and they all liked him ... what's not to like about someone like him?!
Another month has come and gone ... bring on December and the Christmas season. I can't wait to make new memories.


No comments: