Wednesday, June 16, 2010

the living is easy

It's summertime and the living is easy. It's about to get even easier as I wrap up my final day of teaching summer school tomorrow. Baseball season is over for me and the boy (or so I thought... now he tells me that his oldest son will be playing in Mesquite for a couple of weeks - oh well, there are good places to eat in Mesquite and places to shop. It's all good.) The kids and I are in a good routine of going back and forth between their dad and I. We are all getting quality time with them and making things work. It has been great to see Clayson, Trey and Ashlyn so happy and well adjusted. I know that it's because they see how happy we are in our new lives. We have both moved on and found happiness and the result is three happy children.




My dad told me last week that I needed new tires or a new car ... the result, a new SUV that gets double the gas mileage and costs half the price to fill up with gas. Clayson has washed and vacuumed the new car and is forcing me to buy better speakers. He promises me he will not argue with me or his brother if I will get some "kickers". Joey heard him say that so we will be holding him accountable. He is becoming a teenager and I am so glad to have him for a son, he's my little man of the house.

It's time to plan another birthday party for Ashlyn, I can't believe that she is turning seven on Saturday. She has enjoyed her lazy mornings, Science camp this week and looks forward to VBS next week. I have recently noticed how much she talks - the girl never shuts up :0)



Trey is just being Trey - sleeping late, talking about football and basketball camps but not really motivated to go and doing as little as possible every single day. He's my sweet one and always gives me the greatest hugs with a huge crooked teeth smile. He is hounding me about getting braces. He went to a swimming party last week with all girls - Clayson called him gay, I corrected him and told him that Trey was a stud :0)

My brother married an amazing girl last weekend and the wedding was just perfect. Megan was a gorgeous bride and will be the sister that I have always wanted. The reception was a lot of fun - hanging with family, friends and getting our groove on out on the dance floor. Joey was a trooper getting to meet everyone at once. He's a people person so events don't bother him, he doesn't meet a stranger.












Speaking of the boy, we are having so much fun together. People want to know if we are going to get married and what the plans are, but the truth of the matter is that yes, we like each other a lot, but as far as the future - why worry about tomorrow, today has enough worries of it's own. Dwelling on what might happen tends to take the fun out of it and we have so much fun together that we would hate to mess up a good thing. We spend time together every day, we talk, we text, (we watch the Bachelorette) and most importantly we are always laughing. He has his friends, I have friends and we all get along real well. He has his kids, I have my kids and we never mind doing things with all of them. It's a very well-rounded relationship and he keeps me smiling and looking forward to new adventures. It's fun, it's new, it's exciting, it's real, it's simple.





Things are going great at the parent's house but I will say that I was happy to see them framing up the new house today. They promise me that I will be in before school starts. I will post pictures of the construction soon.

So, there you have it. Things are good and they just keep getting better ... and easier.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love seeing a smile back on your face. :)