Wednesday, June 2, 2010

current events

(first, you'll be reading the blog I never finished and uploaded last week - better late than never)
Nobody likes a bragger but maybe there is a fine line between being a bragger and being a proud momma. I’m going to stay right along that line and tell of some proud moments I have recently experienced.

*CLAYSON (6th grade)
- commended on Math TAKS
- perfect score on Reading TAKS
- 4 times at bat, 4 hits
- is a force at 3rd base

* TREY (4th grade)
- commended on Math TAKS
- commended on Reading TAKS
- quick little runner (his coach’s wife refers to him as a roadrunner and says “beep, beep” anytime he is up at bat, this always cracks us up)


* ASHLYN (1st grade)
- Academic award: All areas
- Principal’s Award for the entire first grade at Martin Elementary for her hard work, helping others to be successful, and being compassionate

So, there you have it. My kids have been shining stars in my eyes this past week. (Not that they aren’t always, but this week they have shown accomplishments in an area that means a lot to me, their education.)

(current)

Last weekend was just fabulous. We had a break from baseball, a three day weekend and great times together with friends, with kids and together with the kids and the friends.
Friday night was Joey's son's graduation so Rhonda and I went to the graduation with him and then a big group of us went to dinner afterwards. (This graduating class was from my second year of teaching. I'm starting to feel old.)
Saturday, I got up early to try and beat the heat with a couple of baseball team pictures and then it was off to Rockwall to take bridal pictures of my soon-to-be sister-in-law. She was absolutely stunning and in just a couple of weeks I'll be able to show off her pictures. She made my job easy. Saturday night, I took the kids to their dad and Joey and I went to a pool party with some friends. I ended up realizing that the host was someone that I had gone on a blind date with my senior year. That was funny. Small world.
Sunday, I went to church and did some shopping. Sunday night we went over to some friends for a cookout and enjoyed sitting around the table chattin' it up. It wasn't long before we realized that going rolling sounded like a great way to end the night. Three houses later, we made it back with an empty trash bag and lots of laughter thinking back on the pranks. The kids love this and it brings back good memories from back in the day.
Monday, I stepped out of my comfort zone and took a trip to the great outdoors with Joey, the kids and the Posey's. We went to Tyler State Park and had such a great time. All three of my kids enjoyed swimming, jumping into the lake (sometimes I wonder if Ashlyn is my child with her willingness to take risks) and it might have been the boys' first time to get to cruise in the back of a truck. We drove through the park looking for the rope swing to swing into the lake and they sat in the back with the wind blowing through their hair like they just don't care. The rope was cut so they wandered the trails and learned how to bring earthworms to the top of the soil. No one was ready to leave but with the last day of school ahead of us, we had to load up and head west back to C-town. Sunburned faces, tired eyes and big smiles were proof enough that the day was worth it. Even I had fun and look forward to going back and heck, I may even consider camping...



SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!!

Tuesday was our last day of school. This was the fastest school year ever. I am looking forward to an amazing summer - teaching summer school, doing lots of fun stuff with those I love most, hoping to plan a vacation and building a house. Sweet summertime ...

No comments: