Wednesday, May 12, 2010

have a blog and a smile

I am not believin' that it has been almost a month since I last blogged. I figured that there was so much I couldn't and shouldn't say, that I'd better just stay away from the blogging scene. But, as I have been forced to do many, many times in the past six and a half months - I have "snapped out of it". So, I am back with a new attitude - a happy one - and I bring this blog to you with a smile.

This is literally the first night in three weeks (or maybe longer) that the kids and I have not had anywhere to go or have anything to do. Within the past three weeks we have packed up and moved into the parent's house and played seven baseball games. In the meantime, I have fought battles from across the street and dealt with some pretty tough emotional issues. It's always a sad thing to find out people aren't always who you think they are. But, it just goes to show that people will let you down. On the upside, I have found joy in unanswered prayers, enjoyed time with friends (even made some new ones) and have made major strides in becoming happy again... just when I thought it was impossible. Some pretty amazing people have been in my life to help me keep my chin up - through prayer, words of wisdom, they've made me laugh when all I thought I could do was cry and some have managed to bring me out of my "cave" and forced me to get over it and get a grip. Thank you to these friends. My 9:30 bedtime is out the door but I am okay with that...

So, that's a quick review of the past few weeks - it's been up and down but as of now, I am on the up and up - not looking back and not getting down. I had forgotten what it was like to not have worries until one day I was forced to face reality and I am so glad that I did. It's all good.

No comments: