Sunday, March 14, 2010

happenings

A whole month with no blogging. You'd think I was busy raising three kids, teaching school, taking pictures and adjusting to what has become my life. Oh, wait - I have been involved in all of those things and I don't see a break in any of the action (except for this week which is spring break 2010).

On the home front, it has been a bumpy ride. Most days are good but there are days when I am overcome with sadness, anger and bitterness. A mixture of all three emotions on one day is never good. I have been forced to face things that I am not ready for, dealing with what's in writing and what can be agreed upon has been challenging and decisions that need to be made - that I honestly am not ready to make - are on the horizon. But, I have a strong support system and am thankful for the friends and family that have not given up on me eventually getting back to normal. I am getting there, one day at a time. But, some days it's a two step forward and one step back kind of dance.

Baseball season has begun for Clayson and Trey. They are both on the same team so that makes things convenient. Ashlyn is loving basketball. She loves to go to practice and game days are full of her anticipation for getting on the court. She is never still, always moving, hopping, guarding and hands in the air (like she just don't care) to show that she is open and when she does get the ball she accidentally forgets to dribble and runs with it. Oops. Her first game she ended up scoring the first and last goals. We should have carried her out on our shoulder, our lil champion.

It's crazy to think that we are already in the middle of March with just a little over nine weeks of school left until summer. Time flies (cliche, I know). As much as I love the winter, I am glad to see Spring on its way. I am a fair-weather kind of girl so recess always depends on whether it's too hot, too cold or just right. Spring guarantees a daily recess, minus the rainy days.

I hope all of you are adjusting to the time change, the weather changes and whatever life changes you may be dealing with.

I'll be spring breakin' it this week with fun things happenin' every day.

1 comment:

Gary and Kelli said...

Your kiddos pictures are awesome...you are doing a great job with them and your photography business!!! Kudos!