Saturday, June 6, 2009

one tired mama

Kids got out of school Monday, teacher work day on Tuesday and inservice Wednesday through Friday. My summer break has only just begun and I couldn't be happier. There was only one night last week that I was home, Jared was at the station all but two days and the kids were gone every night. Their summer kicked into high gear Monday afternoon at 1:35.

Clayson spent every night this week with Nana and Pop. He has been involved in outdoor chores - mowing the yard, weedeating and some outdoor fun - in the pool. He has agreed to mowing every week which in turn earned him a nice bike (that he wants to keep upstairs). He had a friend over one night and stayed up the whole night but apparently never got tired. Clayson has been digging being the "only child" for a week.

Trey spent two nights with Nana and Pop and two nights with Mamaw and Pawpaw Davis in Plano. He has met a friend across the street from them and loves the friend's uncle that has cerebral palsy. Trey is known for his tender heart and patience. He also spent some time watching TV - imagine that. I asked him if he watched his regular shows (I Carly and such) but he said they don't have Nickelodeon so he watched Jerry Springer. I laughed and asked him why he watched this show and he said he likes it when they fight and it's the only thing that comes on after Family Feud. I also heard today that he ate nine mini-snickers and became hyper - you don't see that side of Trey much. So, you can only imagine what it must be like for him to come home and not have so much free will.

Ashlyn spent two nights with Nana and Pop, one night with Mimi and one night at home. She spent three days with Mamaw and Papaw and her Friday with Anna, Ross and Jen-Jen. She has had so much fun in the pool, on the computer and with her friends. I heard she even tried a corny dog this week - that's progress.

I went to water aerobics Monday and Tuesday night, Clayson had a baseball game Tuesday night, Wednesday night I was at home and loved every minute, Thursday night we took the A girls to the harbor as an end-of-Kindergarten/summer- kick off and last night I took baseball team photos and headed to Plano to pick up Trey. I was one exhausted mama last night.

Today I have actually been enjoying cleaning house and doing laundry. There has been a bit of retraining going on for the kids that have been spoiled rotten all week. I'm setting up camp on the kitchen table to get my photography business organized. The idea bothered me but then again, how often do we have company that would see this set up and how often do I cook dinner that we truly need the table?

It has been a crazy busy week, there is some slow down on the horizon and better yet, Cozumel is six days away.

No comments: