Tuesday, June 30, 2009

it was party time!

Summer birthday parties are a breeze! The kids swam, snacked, danced and swam some more. Even the grown ups got involved in the water activity due to the hot summer sun. Ashlyn had a bunch of friends come and share this special event with her and she is still talking about all of the fun that she had. She is even offering to pay me back for all the money I spent on the party. The girl has a huge heart.


Here's my version of her party scrapbook - collages signifying all the fun, capturing the smiles and remembering the laughs.

All the kids were swimming and the next thing you know, the girls start getting out to dance to the music. It was so funny! They did the Macarena, the ChaCha Slide, Hoedown Throwdown and the YMCA. Ashlyn also broke out into the sprinkler - who knew?! It still makes me laugh to think about the way this transpired.
As I spent Sunday afternoon cleaning, rearranging and throwing away after the party, Ashlyn turned to me and said, "It's kind of sad that I'm six, isn't it? ". I told her I thought it was and asked her why she thought it was. She said - and it breaks my heart - " I won't get to sit in your lap anymore." I assured her that she would NEVER be too big to sit in my lap and that no matter how old she gets she will always be my baby girl.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She looks so grown up in those last pics! Definitely fun in the sun!

gotta scrap! said...

I love the digi scrapbooking you did! I love all the photos! You did an amazing job as always!