Tuesday, July 19, 2011

beauty and the beach

This was our second summer to enjoy three nights and four days in Mexico. Last year we went with friends and had a lot of fun in Playa Del Carmen. This year we went alone and enjoyed our vacation in Cozumel - despite the rain, lack of resort entertainment and terrible food. Thank goodness that together, we can make things fun and entertain ourselves. It's such a beautiful place and there's no place I'd rather be enjoying this hot, amazing atmosphere with than Joey. We come from an action-packed life so a slow down definitely didn't hurt us.


The first night was the only sunset that we were able to enjoy and it was still a little cloudy. I was disappointed not to get sunset pictures but we made up for it in Florida. We enjoyed our last night walking along the beach and spending time in the lounge chairs listening to the peacefulness of the ocean and talking about our past, present and future. So many things to remember, so much fun we've had and the best part of that conversation was that we have so much to look forward to and there's a lot more fun where that came from.


On Saturday afternoon, it didn't seem the rain was going away and Joey's scuba diving trip was cancelled so we rented a jeep to tour the island and headed into downtown Cozumel. It was the one thing I promised my mom we would not do, leave the resort. But, we did and we made it back alive. We had a late lunch at Senor Frogs and were graciously given (for a tip) balloon hats.


This was our resort, which was a very nice resort but very uneventful and the food was awful. You live and learn. We learned that we won't be going back here and kind of decided that we were done with Cozumel. It'll be fun to find somewhere new to go next summer.


Another rainy day, another trip downtown. My side of the jeep had leaks and a flooded floor board. Ha! I held my feet up and used a swim towel to catch the drips. There was never a dull moment in this ride. We laughed a lot. Back in the market of shops we found a few that were open on Sunday - the goal was to find shirts. At Pirana Joe's, Joey bought me a wooden ring. I was a happy girl. We ate lunch at a mexican place, where there was barely enough overhead to keep us from getting wet when the rain started pouring down. And all I could think about was how far off we parked. We got a bit of exercise in as we "trotted" back to the jeep. We left the shopping and went back to the resort with enough time to rest, get dressed up and make our dinner reservations.



I just can't say it enough how much this boy means to me. I never knew that I could be so happy, enjoy life so much and that my heart could continue to grow with love every day. We've been together for 14 months and I can honestly say that I have never been happier or more in love. We learn from our mistakes and sometimes it's not until we have what we have never had that we realize what we were missing. He's filled my life with complete joy and I am so thankful for where we are and that I have him in my life. He's good for me and he's good for my kids.


I count my blessings every single day...


No comments: