Thursday, May 19, 2011

a MAY zing

It's that time of year where things begin to get really busy for about a month. And the crazier it gets, the closer we get to summertime.

Here is my countdown list:

9 days of school:
- field day
- awards assemblies (x3)
- a read in
- an American Idol contest
- family picnics (x2)
- meetings to sit through for students (x4)
- coordinate and conduct the 5th grade talent show

12 more baseball games
9 more sets of team pictures with possibly 4 more to schedule
2 senior photo shoots

The only two days that we have to catch our breath are Wednesdays, Sundays and the occasional rain outs. I don't mind being busy, now that I have someone I can enjoy being busy with. And, if we can't be busy together, I always have him to talk about my busy with. Together, we coordinate, help with all the kids and know that everyone will get where they need to be and it will all work out somehow.

Clayson is growing up so fast. I can't believe he is finishing his 7th grade year. He has recently started complaining about his (previously injured) arm but the doctor says that it is just strained tendons and nothing to do with the surgery. That is good news. I have a feeling that he may be trying to lift too much weight in the weight room.

Trey has survived being in my class for almost a semester. I'm sure it's tough on a kid whose mom is there to tell him to tie his shoes and clean his ice cream moustache off his face every day.

Ashlyn is getting so sassy! I'm not sure what happened to my sweet little girl who now bosses her brothers around, answers for me and has to be in the middle of every conversation with her two cents. Her attitude may have changed and she might be getting big teeth but she still loves her momma :)

Joey and I are still doing great. I never knew such a perfect relationship could exist. We have not had one fight or disagreement. I've learned, (the hard way), that it's so much easier to just go with the flow. We live day to day, knowing that things are good between us with no worries. That's something worth smiling about - every single day.


The month has been aMAYzing and as it draws to a close, the ending brings sunny, hot, new beginnings. Bring on summer '11. We are ready.

No comments: