Sunday, July 18, 2010

just a blog

I honestly don't know where this blog is going, I just felt the urge to write one. I can almost guarantee that it will be random and pointless.

As my house is just a little more than a month away from being completed, I have thought of some things that relate.
*For one, I will have to try and remember how to cook. In all honesty, I have probably only cooked ten times in the last four months and that might be a stretch. Before we moved in with my parents, things were crazy and I was a bit depressed (due to circumstances and jerks) so it was sandwiches, cereal, oatmeal or whatever you could fix yourself. Since we have moved in with my parents, they cook some but we eat at Taco Casa more. You know it's bad when nothing sounds good anymore because you have abused all of the fast food restaurants. Convenience has totally taken over our lunch and dinner eating habits. I think I should stock up on Hamburger Helper so that I can ease myself back into the kitchen arena once I have a kitchen to cook in. Oh, and brownies - gotta have those for dessert and breakfast.
* I have continued to clean and do laundry throughout the past four months so that should not be too big of a problem. I'd rather do those chores than cook any day.
* It will be the first time that I am really on my own. After the divorce/ before the house sold, Jared was still there and when we moved out, I moved into the parent's house while the new one is being built. So, I look forward to being independent for the first time in 34 years. (I'm pretty sure that the one month I lived in a dorm doesn't count as being independent because I drove home from there at least two nights a week and every weekend). I won't have any "rules", anyone to answer to and if I don't make my bed - no one will be disappointed. Freedom, I can almost taste it. (Disclaimer: I am not saying any of this negatively towards my parents - they have graciously opened up their home to my kids and I and we are thankful to have spent this time with them.)
* Here I go again with having to come up with themes, color, decor, wants/needs. Didn't I just do all of this two years ago? Oh yeah, but this time I am not limited to dead animals and rustic stuff. I have been looking at "stuff" but the minute I start, I get overwhelmed and can't make a single decision. I sense a focus issue.
* I'm sure I will be moving in right about the time I start back to school. Timing isn't everything, I guess.

We stop by almost every day to see what's happening and are starting to see an end in sight. It's down to flooring, electric fixtures, appliances, pouring the driveway and sidewalks, bathroom countertops and other piddly stuff. Soon we will be making this house a home.

The house is the biggest event in our life but other than that we are still carrying on with the fun stuff - volleyball, friends, swimming, sleeping late and dating the boy. Most importantly, we are all still smilin'.

No comments: