Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 bites the dust

Another year, come and gone. I am glad to see 2009 ending. I started out the year feeling like I knew where it was headed but then there were many instances in which I was reminded that things change, people change and circumstances change. Although change may be good, it's not always easy to accept.

Thank goodness for my blogs that I just surfed back through to come up with lists for the good, the bad and the ugly of this past year.

I'll start out on a positive note with GOOD things that happened.
* Coaching Ashlyn's soccer team was a lot of fun and I'm glad that I got to share this job with one of my best friends ever - shout out to Jennifer.
* The kids enjoyed playing basketball, baseball, soccer, football and gymnastics.
* Clayson turned 12, Trey turned 10 and Ashlyn turned 6 and I am thankful that they are all healthy children.
* The Twilight series was enjoyable to read but I have yet to see either of the movies.
* One of my former students invited me to attend her National Honor Society induction, I was honored.
* I met Joe Montana and got his autograph.
* We bought a boat and shared quality family time on the lake all summer long.
* Jared and I took a trip to Cozumel with friends and had a great time.
* I started a photography business and have been so successful. It's a new passion.
* It snowed on Christmas Eve, finally a white Christmas.
* My brother got engaged to a great girl and I look forward to finally having a sister.
* Ashlyn was the flower girl in a cousin's wedding.
* Jared and I celebrated 13 years of marriage.
* I had an opportunity to witness to "Granny", my friend Sharon's mom, while she was in the hospital - she changed my life forever.
* I have the best friends ever! I have made many new friends and grown closer to many of the ones I've had longest. Some of my friends have been there to carry some of my burdens, talk me through situations and lend words of wisdom when I can't even think straight. (shout out to Rhonda, Amber, Sharon and Zan).

Unfortunately, there have been some BAD instances in 2009.
*I've lost a dear friend and would give anything to know why or what I could do to repair the relationship.
*Relationships that we hope will last forever, don't.
*Tension in family relationships.

And, the UGLY.
* Tears from teachers having to move to different campuses due to our change in elementary schools.
* Disappointing many, many people...

2009: I won't remember it as a great year because unfortunately, it didn't end up that way.



But, thank goodness, He offers hope for two thousand ten.

Jeremiah 29:11
New International Version (©1984)
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope.


As we enter the new year I plan to seek blessings in all that I do and to know that all things work for the good of those who love Him. We can't see the big picture but He does and thank goodness the will of God won't take us where the grace of God won't protect us.

Happy New Year!!

No comments: